26 Thunderbird Park Caravan and Camping
Click on the yellow circle to find THUNDERBIRD PARK on the main map!
Adventure joins nature at “Thunderbird Park”, a 112-hectare rainforest playground on Tamborine Mountain between Queensland’s Gold Coast and Brisbane. Come for the day or stay and play, on site facilities include a host of adventures. Choose a shaded campsite for tents and vans. Bunkroom camping is another option and bunkroom guests can use the Sapphire Recreation Room, a fully equipped kitchen and outdoor barbecue area.
Enjoy life in the great outdoors, its fun for all the family and there is something to suit all age groups. Camping amenities include clean shower blocks and a guest laundry. All camp sites have a fire pit so guests can cook their own food in the great outdoors.
“Thunderbird Park” is a wildlife and geological oasis. Relax in the rainforest, listen to the trickle of the rock pools or opt for an adventure. Take the Adventure Parc ropes course challenge, play laser skirmish in a jungle village setting, go horse trail riding or hunt for treasure filled thundereggs formed when dinosaurs roamed the earth.
Breakfast with the birds; enjoy a cold drink and a pizza from the wood-fired oven on The Terrace or dine in style in The Rainforest Restaurant and Lounge Bar.
Camping and caravan sites include:
- Creek Side Camping Sites – powered and unpowered
- Bush Side Camping Sites – unpowered
- Caravan sites – powered
“Thunderbird Park” shares the rainforest property with Cedar Creek Lodges. Accommodation options include contemporary rooms, private two bedroom lodges on the banks of Cedar Creek and family holiday homes.
Add to the fun with Thunderbird Park’s adrenalin pumping activities:
- Visit the Thunderegg Mine and find gemstone filled thundereggs formed when dinosaurs roamed the earth.
- Take the Adventure Parc Ropes Course challenge, play jungle games and ride a flying fox through the treetops.
- Go horse trail riding through the rainforest, there are pony rides for the little ones.
- Play Laser Skirmish in a jungle village setting. Kit up in camouflage gear and face paint, it’s “Ready, Aim….Fun!”
- Play mini golf on an original 18 hole course.
- Explore the rainforest along the bush walking tracks and meet the friendly local wildlife.
- Feed the birds – there are thousands of colorful creatures and a resident peacock.
- Swim in the natural rock pools or the salt water resort pool.
- Play basketball or tennis on the half courts.
Thunderbird Terrace Kiosk serves drinks, meals and snacks all day every day, homemade pizza from the wood fired oven is a specialty. The onsite Rainforest Restaurant and Lounge Bar serves breakfast daily and dinner on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening. Dinner guests enjoy the ambiance of the rainforest surrounds and magical lighting effects. The Terrace Pizzeria and Grill menu is available every evening.